Odds n' Ends
So, I have had to do some soul searching lately. I absolutely LOVE my job. I love what I do. But I cannot do it forever, my body won't let me. My body is healthy now, but I am not sure how long that will last for. This all started out when I was at a little boutique baby shop here in Spokane. I was looking at all the cute little baby items thinking, "I can make this". So I came home and started thinking... Then I went to the fabric store, again and again and again :) I couldn't help myself! I kept coming up with ideas. It was so much fun!
I made a few things for Addy in the process. She absolutely loves her pink "tag" blanket. She loves to play with all the different textures of the ribbons and snuggle with the softness of the material. Then of course I like putting all the hats and flowers on her. I am just starting to figure out how to do the onesies, so this is pretty basic so far. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new sewing machine to start off this adventure. I get it next week, so then the playing really begins. I am thinking about selling my stuff on Etsy, but haven't totally decided yet.
So, to anyone who follows this blog, I would love your opinions. I am not looking for anything sugarcoated. Tell me what you think!! Please!
Pink and Cream "tag" blanket
White crochet hat with purple flower in 6 month size
Simple flower on white 6 month Carter's onesie
I need to put a fun little flower on this tutu!
Pink chiffon rosette on a 3-6 month gray crochet hat
3 comments:
I say go for it if you have your husband's approval! And if you don't sell anything, at least you have things for Addy to wear or gifts for baby showers etc. I think your things are very cute and would probably sell well.
Go for it! I would totally buy this stuff and it looks just as nice as the stuff I have seen on Etsy. I figured out how to make hats but I'm not very good at the flowers. Can you make flowers to put on clips? I would love that brown flower (on the cream hat) on a clip for my girls! I'm obsessed with hair things. :)
Oh and LOVE the tutu! Too cute!
Post a Comment