Food
When we started thinking about food for Addy I started looking into different ways of thinking and feeding. Sounds weird I know, you just feed them right? Well, I have talked to numerous people who had the fight with pureed foods with their little ones, my mom included. She said that with us kids it was difficult to try and get us to eat and ending up being a battle at most every meal. Subsequently, I have pretty picky brothers even now. I think the only reason I am really diverse in food is because of working in restaurants. I really want Addison to grow up with a different mindset about food, and I want it to be fun for her. When I was talking to a lactation consultant back when Addy was about 2 months old she mentioned something called Baby Led Weaning http://www.babyledweaning.com/. I started looking into it more and really liked the thought of it. I bought the book, just so I would have a little more information about it. I LOVE it! We are having so much fun with food! Addison's first meals were roasted butternut squash, pasta and chicken in whole form and not pureed. She loved it! I can't wait to see how this journey goes.
2 comments:
Interesting, you'll have to let me know how it goes! I've never heard of it but looking forward to learning something new:). Love the noodle coming out of her mouth, so cute:).
Wow, I've heard the term before but I didn't realize what it meant. I'm interested to see how it goes! I was always so afraid of my girls choking that I smushed everything, but maybe they would have learned to chew faster if they hadn't gotten started on pureed food! Let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment