Addison Rose Hemphill
As you can see we finally decided on a name for our little
bundle of joy! We are starting to get very excited about this little one. With only three months to go until she arrives I feel like we still have so much to do. We have finally hired the doula that will be accompanying us through our birth experience along with our midwife. I am so very excited to have Sarah share her knowledge and support with us. We are striving for an unmedicated/natural birthing experience, and I am looking forward to it. Of course I know things don't always happen the way you want them to, but we want to try for it. I have heard many wonderful birth stories about natural births, and with my background of massage I thought it was perfect for me. I received a few quotes from our doula that I wanted to share. I think there is such great truth to these.
"Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear" - Jane Weldman
This is one I want to not forget during the rest of my pregnancy
"If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." - Irma Bombeck
I would have to say first off, pregnancy is not for sissy's. I think many people don't realize everything that a woman's body goes through during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. It's not an easy change for a woman to deal with, especially when it's your first child. Now I know I haven't made it all the way yet, but I am making progress. I would have to say that my changing body, the hormones up and down, the acid reflux, the back pain and the nausea are not necessarily fun things to deal with. But above all that God has placed inside me the most wonderful little girl that He has entrusted to me. I do not take this responsibility lightly. Beyond the pain and discomfort there is a joy and a love for her that grows with each day!
So we have started doing a little bit of decorating in her room, but still have a few things left to do. I will leave you with a few pictures of our nursery.
This blanket is the inspiration for Addison's nursery
We have the room painted, but we still need to put up the chair rail.
3 comments:
I love the name and the colors for the nursery are very pretty. Pregnancy is hard work, isn't it! :) My sister likes to ask me why no one told her pregnancy was so hard and I like to tell her it's because every one lies :) I think it's really cool you are trying for a natural birth. I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" that really made me have a new respect for natural birth. I don't think I could ever do a natural birth because pain makes my paranoia go through the roof but I have a lot of respect for people who can.
I love the name Addison! That was on our "list" for K but T was working with a lady at the time who had just named her daughter that.
Pregnancy is definitely not for the weak! I love being pregnant, which is funny b/c I'm pretty much miserable the whole time, but it is definitely an amazing wonderful thing to be part of the miracle of life.
I love that blanket! What pretty colors. Do you want me to make her name like I did for Katie and Olivia? If not, that's totally fine, it's just my traditional friend's baby gift. :)
Have Rachel make the name:). It's gorgeous and my favorite feature in Huddy's room! I love being pregnant and I love your name for you baby girl. Way to keep the big picture of the creation inside you, that's what's most important and miraculous!
Post a Comment